Sunday 25 June 2017

Exercise 5.3: Print-on-demand mock-up

Print-on-demand mock-up

I created blurb book using images from a previous assignment as I didn't have enough to use those so far for Assignment 5 and they haven't been processed.yet.

The blurb software was easy to install and I'm sure there are some notes / instructions but I thought I would just go ahead and see how intuitive it was.

I was quickly able to make a book, copying containers for re-use, understanding the container sixes and proximate to margins. Within an hour I had my first book and I had paid attention to the help and advice in the OCA video....simple is best.

I used minimal test, lots of spaces and the images had plenty of space around them. I also used black test on white background.

The advice in the OCA video is great if used as part of an assessment submission and also if the book is to be a coffee table book. Perhaps if you want it to be more would you still use blurb, would make the book more complex. If its a book that is to be sold to the public then whilst simple is best I would expect the buying public may want more from the book in terms of very simple content.

I can say any books influenced me because I've never bought or seen books of this simplicity. This was echoded in Jose Navarro's video clip - very helpful

I did not that the pdf version of the book resulted in very poor image quality which I expect is on purpose for commercial reasons. Unfortunately I don't think I can upload the pdf file to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment